Saturday, June 29, 2013

Don't Touch Sneak Peek

This week I'm taking part in Sneak Peek Sunday Hosted by Sara Walter Ellwood. The following excerpt is a sneak peek of six paragraphs from the psychic thriller Don't Touch. 

Dr Ryan Reign has unlocked a gift she calls a curse. Detective ackson Prince and his partner need her help to stop a serial killer before he murders again.

One problem Dr. Reign can't touch or be touched. She's become a recluse never leaving her home for fear of what she might'see'. Jackson knows he has to help her accept her gift or there will be more deaths.

It takes a woman's touch to catch a killer.


Excerpt: 
             As they cleaned up dinner Ryan’s eyes kept going to the folders on the coffee table. Jackson tugged her shirt sleeve. “Why don’t we give it a rest tonight?”
            Moving to stand looking down at the crime scene photo of Tina, Ryan shook her head. “That’s the problem, Jack. I’ve given it a rest for too long.”
             Pointing to a photo on the end table of Ryan and another woman at Disney posing with Tigger.  “That’s my sister, Amber. I’ve lost her; I’ve lost all of who I was. I gave up.”
            Jackson came over and stood next to her. “So what are you going to do about it?”
            Looking at the photos again she took a deep breath feeling like she was jumping out of a plane without a parachute. “I’m going to get a life back. It can’t be the same one but I can’t live in these four walls for the next sixty or so years. Do me a favor, if for some reason I can’t let go take the picture from me.”
            Before he had a chance to protest she picked up the picture of the murder weapon and touched the two dimensional knife. There was a blink of the photographer; he was tired, pulling a double shift. The next was a glimpse of a gloved hand setting the knife beside the victim. Heavy duty work gloves, not latex. The knife was set down with care so the blade was pointing at the victim’s feet. Then she was just looking at the picture again. She opened her fingers and let it fall to the table.
            Her hands were trembling as she processed the visions and what they were. “I did it. I saw him or her. I saw someone.”

Buy Don't Touch on:
Lulu 



For more Sneak Peek Sunday excerpts click the banner below and follow the linky list to the next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!