Saturday, January 17, 2015

8 Sentences from Outlaw Born

Getting back into the groove of a story after a long absence can be both stressful and exhilarating. You get to fall in love with the characters again and rebuild that bond with your story when you read prose and begin to reimagine the plot. I hope you enjoy this set of 8 from Outlaw born as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Blurb:
Orphaned young and raised by a preacher's family Benjamin Mason became a good man. He wanted to forget and erase his real father's legacy of blood and violence from their name for his own son.

Then tragedy struck. The law wouldn’t give him justice, so he would take it. After all, wasn’t he born to be this kind of man, an outlaw filled with hell and vengeance in his blood? Ben Mason is outlaw born.

8 Sentence Excerpt: 
Charlie watched Ben hold his shoulder as he set the sight in place and take aim. “Lieutenant, are you hit?”

Ben moved back, cord in hand. “I’m fine.” He let go of a deep breath as he nodded to the men. “Ready! Fire!”

He pulled the cord. There was a hiss as the powder ignited. A second later came the blast, sulfur and smoke filling the air. The ground shook under their feet. Ben shook his head to combat the ring in his ears from the explosion.


To read other great Weekend Writing Warrior excerpts go HERE

Stalk me on the web and find my other published novels here... 

7 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad to see you are back on Ben. Feel free to take that any way you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great snippet. Your descriptions blew me away. As much as I enjoyed it, I do have to step into moderator mode for a moment and ask that you limit future snippets to 8 sentences. I know this isn't always easy to do, but the reason for the sentence limit was created so participants can visit as many blogs as possible. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful and gripping. Sounds like an exciting story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, right into the dramatic moment! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, you hooked me with the blurb. I love stories where a character is trying to live down a bad family name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice snippet here. Reminded me that, as my father has always said, almost doesn't count, except in horseshoes, hand-grenades and artillery. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!